- When is the best time to move?
There are two answers to this question.
- If you want the best weather and full comfort for your move, summer is definitely the time when you should move.
- If you want the best price for your move, than the off-peak season is the recommended time for your move. For moving, the off-peak season is winter.
- When should I hire the moving company?
To make sure you’ll be able to hire the best movers and to get the best price, hire a moving company at least a few months in advance.
- How do I know whether or not a moving company is licensed?
A reputable and reliable moving company has such information on their website. If that’s not the case, call the movers and ask for a proof of licensure. Never hire an unlicensed mover!
- What kinds of moving estimates are there?
First of all, let’s learn what the term means. A moving estimate is an estimated cost of your relocation. It is provided by a moving company you intend to hire. There are two kinds of moving estimates:
- A non-binding estimate: A projected cost for your move, but not the guaranteed price you’ll pay. The actual cost can be lower or higher than the estimate. However, a non-binding estimate is based on the experience and know-how, hence it is mostly accurate.
- A binding estimate: The actual price you will pay in the end. It means that you’ll pay exactly the amount of the binding offer even if the actual costs are lower or higher than estimated.
- How long does it take to move a home?
The best answer to this question is – it depends. There are many factors that influence how long your move will last. The weather, the distance, the size of your relocation etc.
- When should I pay for moving services?
Normally, after the relocation is finished. Anyway, we suggest contacting the movers and asking if they have a specific deadline.
- What happens if my moving date changes?
If you need to change the date of your move, contact your movers as soon as possible and discuss the alternative date. They might be busy for the date you planned, or the price might be considerably higher.
- What kind of services do movers offer?
There are different kinds of services you can expect -from planning your move and packing your belongings to transportation and unloading the items to your new home. If you have some special requirements or you need some special services, get in touch with your mover and discuss all the details.
- Should I help movers?
You are not required to put in any effort if you hire professional movers. On the other hand, if you want to help, you will be more than welcome to do so. The best thing you could do is to offer some refreshments, keep your home safe and keep your children away so they don’t get in the way.
- Do the movers provide the moving equipment?
Yes, the moving companies should provide all the necessary tools, supplies and equipment for a safe relocation. Although, if you choose to do the packing yourself, you must secure the packing supplies.