Tips for a successful move
Are you ready to move? Here is a checklist you could use:
- Create a To Do list.
- Organize your belongings and get rid of what you don’t use. Sell your unwanted stuff to make some extra money.
- Notify important parties about your move (your landlord, bank, insurance company, etc).
- Cancel any regular home deliveries (newspapers, magazines, etc).
- Cancel or transfer your memberships (gym, club, etc).
- Start packing in advance. Begin with items that are little-used and finish with the things you use on a daily basis.
- Don’t forget to pack an essentials box, including a change of clothes, medications, hygiene items, snacks, drinks and anything you’ll want within easy access.
- Purchase moving boxes in different sizes and buy other supplies, such as bubble wrap, masking tape, packing paper, or request us to bring packing supplies on the moving day.
- Mark each box with its contents and the room it should go to. Remember to label your boxes on the sides and the top so that you can identify them even if they’re stacked.
- Wrap your fragile items separately and label them clearly.
- Make sure you don’t overpack your boxes, otherwise you risk damaging your own belongings.
- Packing by room is ideal for keeping things organized.
- Re-pot your plants in unbreakable containers (plastic pots or packing cartons). Make sure your plants have plenty of fresh air. Water them well on moving day and during your journey.
- Make suitable arrangements for your pets. It’s better to keep them with a friend or hire a pet sitter.
- Think about who will do the final cleaning. Consider hiring a professional cleaner to make the process easier.