Moving to Hoboken could be one of your best life decisions. However, it’s always good to know what you’re getting into. Before moving to Hoboken, make sure to organize your move and hire only the best movers in New Jersey.
Hoboken has become one of the most popular USA cities to live in. Some of the main reasons for that are affordability, safe neighborhoods, fast and easy commute and walking distance facilities. This city of roughly 53.000 residents has 1.275 square miles of land, most of it surrounded by water. Before you hire packers for the New Jersey move, take a look at the following facts you should know before moving to Hoboken.
Hoboken is perfect for families
Considering a very convenient commute, affordable rent pricing, and safe neighborhoods, Hoboken is perfect for families with children. Hoboken is very well connected to New York City, and also has a great view of the Manhattan skyline.
If you decide to enroll your child in a school in Hoboken, you can choose between Salvatore R. Calabro Elementary School, Thomas G. Connors Elementary School, the Joseph F. Brandt Primary School and many others. Many of them offer pre-school and kindergarten programs.
Finding a housing in Hoboken is way easier than in the nearby New York City. Renting prices go from $1300 for a studio to $3500 for a three bedroom apartment. Obviously, renting an apartment is pretty affordable so it makes Hoboken perfect for family life.
Not many people drive in Hoboken
Before moving to Hoboken, you should think twice about riding your car on daily basis. It’s a fact that it is very hard to find a parking space in Hoboken, so most of the residents take a walk. Besides, you can reach almost every destination in here by walking. Hoboken is considered the most walkable city in the world. Even though the rush hour in Hoboken makes a traffic jam every day, you’ll be lucky to explore the city on foot.
People also avoid taking a cab
Even though catching a cab is not that hard in Hoboken, asking for a ride is not that simple. There’s a good chance that the taxi driver will insist on taking many passengers at the same time. As a result, you will have to stop several times before you reach your destination. Don’t be tempted by the long line of taxi cabs and choose to take a walk.
Finding the perfect bar is not a problem
Hoboken is famous for having more bars per capita than New York City. In about one square mile of the Hoboken area, you can find more than 120 bars and restaurants. Choosing the right place for having a drink after work is pretty easy. In case your favorite bar is too crowded, you can always take few steps to the nearest bar and check the place yourself. Some of the most popular bars in Hoboken are Mulligan’s Pub, the Madison bar and grill, Black Bear bar and grill and many others.
You will probably not miss out on Maxwell’s club
Before moving to Hoboken, you should explore the best places to have fun in this city. Maxwell’s club is definitely one of them. This club is one of the most popular in Hoboken, and recently they’ve started to book live shows. Besides being popular for hosting great parties, you can watch live performances from well-known and popular bands. Some of them are R.E.M., The Replacements, The Pixies, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nirvana, The Smashing Pumpkins and many others…
Shopping and buying organic food is always nearby
Before moving to Hoboken, you should know the benefits its own lifestyle. People living in Hoboken say that the best part of the city is the distance to the nearest the shops and facilities. Whether you need to do the laundry, have a coffee or buy some clothes, you won’t need to walk the long distance to get there. Everything from bars, restaurants, shops, and venues will always be in one block area away from you.
If you are a fan of consuming local and fresh, organic food, you are in luck! Shopping in local markets is not only convenient in Hoboken. It’s a way of life. Check out the famous Farmer’s Market from June to November.
Plan your time before moving to Hoboken
Hoboken offers so many fun things to do in your free time. Before you relocate to Hoboken, New Jersey, take a look at some of the most popular things you can do in your free time:
- Cycling and running – between so many beautiful parks and waterfront paths you will not know which one to choose first. Hoboken is perfect for those who like an active lifestyle. You can not only run along the water but also rent a bike and some time on the commute.
- If you visit the marina, explore many of the water sports activities that you can enjoy. Some of them are sailing, kayaking and riding paddle boards.
- If you’re an outdoor fun lover, visit Sinatra Park, where you can enjoy beautiful sunset views of Manhattan skyline. When warmer months allow it, you can also enjoy watching movies under the stars.
- Don’t forget to take on of the Frank Sinatra walking tours that will allow you to explore the city. Visit the famous Hoboken Historical Museum and enjoy exhibits, lectures, movies and many other events.
- In case you like getting to know the city by walking, Hoboken is your lucky city! When the imagination runs dry, take a walk and see where it will get you. Locals will always be more than happy to recommend you a bar, a restaurant or a great shopping place. In the meanwhile, take a look at more of the tips and tricks for moving to New Jersey.