The move is an expensive and stressful process. When on a budget, you will try to save money where ever you can. Finding cheap moving boxes Elizabeth will keep your moving expenses to a minimum. With a little bit of extra time and internet research, you might find free moving boxes Elizabeth. If you decide to hire a professional moving company New Jersey, they will pack and move your belongings with ease. Usually, local movers New Jersey provide you with moving boxes and professional packing materials for your move.
Even if you find moving boxes Elizabeth that are free, you shouldn’t just take them. Before you do that, you should check them first. The boxes you take should be clean and sturdy. They need to be in a good condition so they can keep your items safe during the move. Also, you may check your local yard sales and ask for the boxes they don’t need.
Reach out to your social circles
The best way to start searching for moving boxes Elizabeth is to ask people around you for information. Family and friends may have some moving boxes they don’t need. Also, they may know someone who recently moved. Posting a post on your social media pages may help you find anyone who recently moved or has free moving boxes to unload.
If you notice someone moving into your neighborhood, your apartment building, or a house across from you, knock on their door. In most cases, someone who recently moved has moving boxes to spare.
Your workplace might have free moving boxes Elizabeth for you. Many office buildings receive a lot of packages every single day. After unpacking they will not be used again. If you work in an office building, asking for the used packing boxes, might be a good idea. Ask the person who works at the main desk for more information on getting the moving boxes Elizabeth.
You will need packing boxes even if you want to pack by yourself like a pro. When looking for moving boxes Elizabeth, you might also want to check out local schools. When schools order supplies, they usually receive them in hard cardboard boxes. Most of the time they might re-use some of the boxes but not all of them. You should check out your local elementary, middle, and high school for the moving boxes they might want to get rid of. When checking out your local schools, also check community colleges and university offices.
Get your free moving boxes Elizabeth from local stores
Your local retailer stores may be perfect places to find free moving boxes. Most of the retailers in your area might be happy to give you the boxes they have. By taking the boxes, you will save them time because they tear them up and recycle.
Be sure to check your local stores because they may receive supplies regularly:
- Bookstores – They may have moving boxes from books they receive
- Shoe stores – Many different sized shoe boxes may be useful for packing smaller items
- Liquor stores – Liquor stores may have strong and sturdy boxes for your move
- Pharmacies – Pharmacies may supply you with strong but smaller boxes
- Hardware stores – May have big boxes for your appliances
- Home improvement stores – From home improvement stores you may be lucky and get hardwood moving boxes next to the regular cardboard ones.
- Grocery stores – They usually have the strongest and cleanest moving boxes Elizabeth for you
- McDonald’s and Starbucks chain stores – Chain stores may receive shipments regularly and they may have boxes on weekly basis. They range in size but you can always use larger boxes for lighter items. McDonald’s frying boxes are strong for heavier items. Because the initial contents are frozen and packed you shouldn’t worry about boxes being smelly or greasy.
How to find free moving boxes Elizabeth online
Researching the internet is a great way to find moving boxes. Some of the sites may have free moving boxes for you but that is not always the chance. You may find boxes that are not free but cost way less than the new ones.
- Craigslist and Freecycle – Community-based online forums are a great place to find used and empty boxes.
- Uhaul message board– Uhaul Box Exchange is a free message board for people to find used boxes for free.
- Toy Stores and Home Goods Stores – Really, any retailer that has large shipments come in will have plenty of cardboard boxes, but home goods stores, in particular, may have boxes for dishes (see Unpakt’s guide for packing dishes).
- Centers for recycling – Your local recycling center may have an area where people drop off lightly used boxes for reuse.
What to do if you have to buy moving boxes
If you are unable to find enough moving boxes free of charge or you need boxes for a specific use, you will have to buy them. Also, if you are in need of some new packing materials. Here are some places you might consider:
- Professional moving company – If you hire packing professionals New Jersey has to offer, they may include packing boxes and packing materials in the price of your move. If that’s not the case you may find cheap moving boxes through your movers. They may offer you a bundle of various sized boxes for a deal.
- Uhaul online store – Uhaul prices are lower than prices in regular hardware or office supply stores. Sometimes they will have „free boxes“ bin that you can check out. If that is the case grab them while you have the chance. Uhaul is a great place for finding other packing materials cheap.
- UPS Stores – Ups store is a store where you can everything you need for professional shipping. You’ll be able to find any and all the packing materials you might need.
- Check Online – If you can wait for the boxes to be delivered, check online. Retailers and discount hubs will have bundles of boxes for a great price. Cheaper than you’ll find them at most retail locations.
- Home Depot – If you don’t get free boxes when you ask, at these online locations you can buy everything that you need for your move. They offer a wide variety of options for boxes that you need for your move.
Before you start packing – how to organize?
Once you get all of your packing supplies, it’s time to start organizing the packing process. This task might seem like an easy one, but it can get complicated very fast, especially if you don’t have a plan. One of the things you should consider before packing is downsizing – this will help you decide which items you want to pack and move, and which ones you don’t. First, you will need to sort out your belongings, one room at a time. Then, you should decide what to do with excessive inventory. Keep in mind that there will always be some items that are too old or unnecessary to keep. For those belongings, you can always organize a yard sale before the move and sell them with ease. Selling some of your stuff before the move will help you earn extra cash, which will help with the future moving costs.
Once you decide which items you want to pack, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Measure your inventory
- Write down a list of necessary supplies
- Calculate the number of moving supplies you’ll need
- Find the best moving boxes Elizabeth has to offer
- Prepare for packing heavy and irregular-shaped object
- Contact movers to see how to handle heavy inventory
- Plan the packing process and start packing on time
How can professional movers help you on a moving day?
Besides providing affordable packing supplies for your relocation, professional movers can provide many other services. If you are planning a complicated move or moving long-distance, a full moving service can be of great help. For example, in case you decide to hire long-distance moving experts, you will save a lot of your time on packing and avoid potential troubles on a moving day. Keep in mind that not all companies are reliable and trustworthy, which is why you should check their references before hiring them.
In order to organize a successful relocation, having a good plan is key. No matter how complicated your move is, you should make sure to start planning it from day one. The relocation day itself can be very stressful, which is why professional moving assistance can be of great help. Your movers can help you avoid moving injuries, and save your time and money in the long run. Besides, hiring moving experts will help you get affordable packing supplies and find the best moving boxes Elizabeth has to offer. Organize your move one step at a time and you will enjoy a successful moving day!