Unless you have peculiar wishes, in the majority of cases, a bathroom will be the smallest room in a house. Having its size in mind, you might think that packing a bathroom will be an easy and quick process. However, you should not underestimate this room when it comes to packing unless you want to make a mess out of your relocation. Thus, if you don`t opt for packing services NJ, you need to be smart. It will take you more than a few hours to pack a bathroom for moving. Follow our guide, and your bathroom will be packed before you know it.
Begin by sorting through your medicine
Usually, a bathroom is the place where people keep their medicine and first-aid kits. If there are any children in the house, all of your medicine needs to be kept out of the child`s reach. Moreover, medicine can be potentially harmful if not stored correctly, which is why it should be your first item to deal with on the bathroom packing list. And, when it comes to your medicine, knowing what not to keep is more important than knowing what to pack.
- Sort through your medicine and toss away all the medicine that is past its expiration date.
- If there is no label on the container, or it is unreadable, get rid of it.
- When you pack your bathroom for moving, throw away the medicine that has changed its color or consistency.
It is important to mention that you should never flush your pills down the toilet. The only one who can tell you how to properly dispose of the medicine is your local pharmacist.
Once you sort everything out and decide what to keep, you need to pack all the medicine of importance in your essentials box. If there is some pill you take on a daily basis, make sure to keep it next to you.
Before you pack a bathroom for moving, deal with your toiletries
It does not matter whether you are packing for a move just down the street, or relocating your home across the country – the fact is that your toiletries could take up a lot of space. Thus, deciding what you want to take with you, and what you want to throw away is the key to being successful when packing your bathroom. Of course, if you have any expensive creams or body lotions in your bathroom, you will most likely not want to part ways with them. And, that is totally understandable. However, you must know that you will have to get rid of some items if you have too many of them. The items you do decide to leave behind, you don`t have to throw away. Donations are always accepted and necessary.
If you wish to pack any bottles that already opened, you need to make sure they will not spill during the transport. To do that, you need to properly tighten the lids, and then put the bottles inside a ziplock bag. That should be enough to keep your toiletries from making a mess inside the moving boxes.
Get packing supplies
A bathroom is no different than any other room in the house when it comes to packing materials. For each room, you need similar packing supplies. To pack a bathroom for moving, you need to get moving boxes Jersey City in a small size. A small moving box will be just right for packing your cosmetics, medicine, and other bathroom items. Moreover, make sure to get duck tape, markers, and protective packaging materials. Most importantly, don`t wait up for the packing day to gather your supplies. Instead, deal with this task at least a few days in advance. This way, you will have enough time for buying the items you might have forgotten about.
Pack a bathroom for moving 101
Now that you hopefully have all of your items sorted out, it is time to start filling up the boxes. However, just like when packing every other room in the house, remember that you should not just throw everything inside the box. A bit of organization will go a long way when it comes to packing.
- You can use all of your towels and linens for cushioning the boxes. This will be useful when packing fragile items.
- Separate your medicine from every other bathroom item.
- A lot of your cleaning supplies contain chemicals that may be flammable. It is forbidden to transport any flammable or otherwise dangerous chemicals and gasses. For everyone`s safety, it would be wiser to leave your cleaning supplies behind.
- Every bottle or container in your bathroom that could have liquids spilling out of it should be put in a Ziploc bag. This way, even if something were to spill, there would be no damage.
- In order not to lose your small boxes, you should put them inside bigger ones.
- The only thing you need to be careful about is the weight of the final box. Under no circumstances should the final box exceed 30 pounds.
All in all, if approached carefully, bathroom packing shouldn`t be a big problem. After all, that is what Ample Moving is here for – to help you with all things moving-related.
We are sure you were able to see that to pack a bathroom for moving can be simple. All the tools you need are a good organization and lots of time. For everything else, we have given you all the tips you could ever need. Therefore, the success of your packing is solely up to you! Whatever you do, you know that we wish you good luck. If all else fails, we and our packing services are always there for you. Ready to jump in whenever you might need us.